Improve Coal-Fired Boiler Efficiency by 3% - 5%
For coal-fired power plants, boiler efficiency can mean a great deal to a company's bottom line. An increase in efficiency of a few percentage points can result in thousands of dollars in savings over the long term.
The industry has traditionally had trouble developing a product that can reduce emissions while improving boiler efficiency. Add on top of these challenges, finding a product that is environmentally inert adds another layer of complexity to the issue. In our commitment to improving the operations of our customers, we have been looking for a product that would check all of these boxes.
Enzergy is a new product on the North American market, and one that we've been watching carefully. It's been heavily tested in China, Australia and Korea, and these tests have reported the following findings:
- Improved boiler efficiency by 3% - 5%
- Reduced CO2 emissions by 3% to 5%
- Reduced SO2 emissions by 15% to 30%
- Reduced NOX emissions by 10% to 20%
- Prevented boiler slagging and fouling
- Enhanced ESP performances
Enzergy is a naturally occurring, environmentally-friendly enzyme (CxHyOz) that is non-harmful and non-toxic. It's specially formulated to treat coal, gasoline and diesel. Here's how it works:
- Depolymerization: Causes several bio-catalytic reactions and depolymerizes coal's long aromatic molecular chains.
- Oxygenation: Weakens and breaks down hydrogen-carbon bonds to free hydrogen atoms to bond with O2 atoms. This increases the fuel's oxygen content, thus requiring less air to combust.
- Enhanced Oxidization: catalyzes the reaction of sulphur and nitrogen into sulphites and nitrate salts that remain in the bottom ash.
The application process involves spraying Enzergy liquid on the coal before placing it in the boiler. The coal is treated for several hours prior to being used to realize optimal efficiencies.
Arinah is one of the first suppliers in North America to carry Enzergy, and we can't wait to see our customers reap the benefits of this new, innovative product. If you're interested in what Enzergy can possibly do for your business, Arinah has been coordinating web presentations in Alberta and Saskatchewan with a view to setting up trials at interested plants. Please contact us for more information and to set up a trial for your power plant.
For more information about Enzergy, please download this recent presentation (PDF, 10.4 MB).
Boiler inspection one year after Enzergy application: